I got an early Birthday gift last month, a Nook from Barnes and Noble. So far I love the Nook. My reading time has increased because of it, mainly I find it easier to read in various places then a traditional book or magazine. I’ll out forth the pros and cons as I see them.
- Light weight
- No problem not charging it for a week even with 3G/Wi-Fi enabled.
- Uses the ePub open book format, no vendor lock-in as you have with the Kindle
- Plenty of books available.
- Could use a better way to organize your books, such as by genre
- e-Book prices can still be high
- Magazine prices for the e-readers tend to be higher then a regular subscription.
The last two cons apply to all e-book readers, so not just a knock against the Nook. I know people that have the Kindle and love them, but I prefer the open format of the Nook. No problems getting books from Barnes and Noble, Borders, etc.
In my opinion, if you are a reader an e-book device is worth the money with the Nook being worth a serious look.